Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Survey Of Sorts

I'm interested to know, from all of you non-theatre folks (and you too, Michelle, if you want to join in) what it would take to get you to go out and see more theatre.

All of you are very supportive of the work that I have done in Seattle, and come to see the shows I've acted in, the shows I've directed, and the shows of Emerald City Scene. But that is a very tiny percentage of theatre in Seattle. What I'm curious about is this:

a) if you enjoy the shows you come to see that I am involved in

and

b) if you do enjoy them, why not go see other companies productions?

and

c) if you have seen other companies productions, which ones? and did you like them?

and

d) how could a theatre company grab your attention and get you to come see shows, if you aren't affiliated with someone involved in the show?

If and When I come back to Seattle, I'll be working on forming a new "company" and I'm very interested in these responses.

2 comments:

MissConduct said...

For me, personally, it's a matter of advertisement. I am completely in the dark about what is being performed, unless it's something big at the Paramount or 5th Ave (which get tv spots). Mostly this is my fault. I could look in the Seattle Times to see what is going on (Redmond denies me copies of the Stranger)...but then, of course, I would have to first purchase the Seattle Times. There is a quarterly newslette (made up word?) for the city of Redmond that gets mailed out to all its residents that has an arts section which mentions local, upcoming theatre shows. That always gets my attention and I enjoy looking to see what is going to be performed. Perhaps some of the Seattle neighborhoods have something similar that gets mailed to everyone. It would probably cost money, but it would be a good way to get everyone aware of what you're doing.

BurnPTCruisers said...

natty sorry for the delay. here's my responses:
a) yes, i've enjoyed your shows!
b) i guess i don't go to other companies' shows because i don't have the ties to the folks putting the shows on.
c) n/a
d) good question. i may have one "marketing tool" for you. i'll send it via email.
abraços,